As of today, we are pleased to announce that the Tripwire Ladder (TWIL) is now fully live and operational here: http://www.twiladder.com/. The new home for all competitive gaming related to Tripwire games.
To celebrate, we have not one, but three tournaments now running, all with cash prizes. And more to follow in the future. the first three are:
- RO2 Territory Classic Ladder, which is now open and runs to 30 November. $1,000 cash prize to the top-placed team, $500 for 2nd and $250 each for the 3rd and 4th places.
- RO2 Countdown Realism Ladder, also now open and running to 30 November. Also with $1,000 cash prize to the top-placed team, $500 for 2nd and $250 each for the 3rd and 4th places.
- The Stalingrad Cup is our inaugural knockout cup, already running and ends in a grand final between the two surviving clans on the 19 May, with a total of $1,000 in cash prizes.
That is a total of $5,000 in inaugural cash prizes. You want some of that cash, you’re going to have to play for it. Head for the TWIL website, get your clan/team signed up and start playing! The site supports both ladder play and standalone competitive tournaments, makes it easy to set up teams and join them (you just need an account on the Tripwire forums: http://forums.
And thanks goes from everyone at Tripwire Interactive to the entirely volunteer crew running the Tripwire Interactive Ladder!
Now that the $35,000 Counterattack Mapping Contest for Red Orchestra 2 has concluded and helped us find the best community made maps on Steam Workshop, Tripwire Interactive has worked with the original map makers to polish them up and add them into the game as Official Custom Maps. Today we are releasing four of those maps for Red Orchestra 2 completely free – they will be automatically added to your game through Steam. And, to make sure that everyone gets a chance to try them out, we’re making Red Orchestra 2 free to play for the weekend (Thu 4 Apr through Sun 7 Apr). Just head for Steam, download the game and play.
These are some of the best maps you’ll see – adding some great new gameplay. All are included for free for everyone who owns the game. Don’t forget there are more great community maps and content on Steam Workshop, so head on over there now! We’ve also got a trailer for the pack – with the content produced by the community, to show off what they enjoy! You can view it on Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/63339846) or Youtube (http://youtu.be/voD9_V2oJ3w)
The first Counterattack Map Contest Pack contains the following new maps:
- Winterwald – the wintry map that won the contest outright; Germans attacking a Russian hill-top position through the trees and snow.
- Arad 2 Tanks – the classic Red Orchestra “Arad” map brought forward into Red Orchestra 2; now a warm, sunny environment for some serious tank-to-tank combat.
- Rakowice – another classic Red Orchestra map, updated for the new generation; Russians assaulting the ruins of a German-held airfield in Poland.
- Stalingrad Kessel – one of the most loved RO maps, created in the original mod, reproduced in the first Red Orchestra game and now brought forward into its latest incarnation!
And if you like the game, you won’t get a better chance to buy it – it will be 85% off on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/) for the weekend, as well as being part of the current Humble Weekly Bundle that runs 2 Apr – 9 Apr (https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly), where you can get RO2, along with the original Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 and the current Killing Floor Bundle – AND all three soundtracks!
We just launched the Tripwire Humble Bundle, which includes RO1 and RO2, plus the current Killing Floor bundle if you pay over the average price. PLUS all three soundtracks! The Bundle runs for the week from 2 Apr through 9 Apr. Time to go grab copies of 3 great Tripwire games!