Following on from the release of the first set of maps from our $35,000 Counterattack Mapping Contest for Red Orchestra 2 – and the release of the critically-acclaimed Rising Storm – Tripwire Interactive has the second pack of maps to add into the game as Official Custom Maps. Today we are releasing the final three of those maps for Red Orchestra 2 completely free. And don’t forget that these will be available to everyone who bought Red Orchestra 2 OR Rising Storm (which includes all RO2 Multiplayer content). To help out further, we have Red Orchestra 2 (75% discount) AND Rising Storm (50% discount) on sale on a Midweek Madness deal on Steam from Tue 30 July through Thu 1 Aug.
These are some of the best maps you’ll see – adding some great new gameplay. All are included for free for everyone who owns the game. Don’t forget there are more great community maps and content on Steam Workshop, so head on over there now! We’ve also got a trailer for the pack showcasing these awesome new maps. You can view it on Vimeo or Youtube
The second Counterattack Map Contest Pack contains the following new maps:
- Bridges of Druzhina – features asymmetrical gameplay with the Soviets attacking across open country supported by a single tank, through a destroyed city and on to the final bridge.
- Cold Steel – a lethal warren of huge factory buildings, creating both longer-range fire-fights and sudden, brutal close-quarters battles.
- Gumrak Station – a re-imagining of an old favorite from the original Red Orchestra, as the Germans assault through trenches and a small village to the railway station of the title.
You won’t get a better chance to buy the games – so head over to Steam to grab Rising Storm (http://store.steampowered.com/app/234510) and Red Orchestra 2 Game of the Year Edition (http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/) . Finally, if you’ve got a knack for making maps, the recently announced “Banzai” Mapping Contest for Rising Storm is in full swing. With over $25,000 in cash on the line, the competition is sure to get fierce. You can find more information on the contest here: http://risingstormgame.com/mapping-contest-2013.
Today, Tripwire Interactive and the Rising Storm Team are delighted to announce the release of Rising Storm, the next game in the award-winning Red Orchestra franchise. Rising Storm is a complete new multi-player game, focusing on the fighting in the Pacific Theater of WWII, with the US Army and Marine Corps taking on the Imperial Japanese Army. To celebrate the launch we’ve put together an amazing new launch trailer for the game (Click HERE for 1080P version on Vimeo), so be sure to check that out as well!
On top of the basic features, there is Tripwire Interactive’s support for the customer: apart from an ongoing 25% discount for all those who already own RO2, there are update packs already in the works, which will add more free content to your games!
With Rising Storm releasing tomorrow (Thursday, May 30, 2013) the game is now available for all those who have pre-purchased (as well as all those who currently own just RO2) to pre-load. This will allow you to download the game early and start playing as soon as servers update with the released version of the game tomorrow. The SDK will also be available for pre-load the same way, which is:
- Right-click on your current “Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad” install (or RO2 SDK install) in your Steam library.
- Select “Properties” – “Betas” tab.
- Use the “Select the Beta…” dropdown box – select “Preload”
- “Close” – and your current RO2 (or SDK) install will update with the new Rising Storm content.
Please note – we will be closing down the beta a few hours before the release of Rising Storm tomorrow.
Good luck, have fun, see you on the battlefield!