A required update for Red Orchestra 2 has just been released. Servers must update to maintain compatibility with clients. To recap what is included in this update:
- fixing the day 1 unlocks not working (Note: there still appears to be some cases where unlocks do not appear, but the major reason for them not working has been fixed. We’ll continue working on the other issues with the unlocks and get that out asap).
- Improved framerate to reduce hitching/dropping when artillery explodes
- spawn menu looping bug fixed
- various crash fixes
- decreased AI MG accuracy for vehicle AI
- Added a system so outdated servers should no longer show in the server browser (so make sure and update so people can find your servers)
Additionally, we’ve received word that PBBans streaming is now available for Red Orchestra 2. Head on over to the PBBans website for more information: HERE.
Just keeping track of some of the reviews… tell us if you spot more!
- Lets get the hate out of the way first: 4.5/10 from Gamers’ Underground. Well, not everyone is going to love us!
- Now some love from Steam Contests – 10/10!
- And the first of the “majors” to weigh in: Gamespy with a 4.5/5. And pretty fair review, we think.
- The latest is from Italy: a 95% from Gaming Source.
- The writer looks suspiciously familiar: GND-Tech giving us 4.4/5.
- And now Gamers’ Guide to Life gets theirs in. 9/10 – we like :)
Please let us know of any others.
Tripwire Interactive are delighted to say that, after all the hard work from the team and the years of support from the fans… Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is finally released! It has been a long time in the making – and we will be supporting it for a long time to come. We hope you enjoy as much as we do.
Just to celebrate, here is a new gameplay trailer for you (with thanks to Voodoo Extreme’s “Ohmwrecker” for providing a load of footage for us):