Tripwire Interactive and the Rising Storm Team are delighted to announce the start of the pre-purchase period for Rising Storm, the next game in the award-winning Red Orchestra franchise. Rising Storm focuses on the island-hopping campaigns in the Pacific Theater of World War 2 and the brutal and intense combat between the US Army and Marine Corps forces and the Imperial Japanese Army. Naturally, there are benefits to pre-purchasing the game – a 15% discount and immediate access to the Rising Storm Beta! Head for the STEAM STORE PAGE!
- “Precision, authenticity and thick danger… making it so absurdly fun” - PC Gamer, May 2013
- “a tactical, intense, harrowing multiplayer experience like none other.” - OXCGN, May 2013
- “very accessible realism” - Gamespot, April 2013
Rising Storm is going to be available for pre-purchase very soon, via the Steam store page, with the Base version of the game at these prices: 19.99 USD/ 17.99 EUR/ 14.99 GBP/ 399 RUB.
You can also buy the Rising Storm Steam Digital Deluxe Edition, which adds the following extras:
- Day 1 Unlock of the US M12 Trench Shotgun, Japanese Type 99 LMG, Japanese Type 99 Sniper Rifle with 4X scope (level 2) and the US M1 Garand with bayonet (Level 2).
- 2 Rising Storm soldier playable characters for Killing Floor – Ricky Vegas and Hayako Tanaka.
- The Rising Storm and Red Orchestra 2 soundtracks.
- AND all the upgrades for the RO2 Digital Deluxe Edition (4 day 1 unlock weapons, 2 playable RO2 characters in KF, and 2 RO2 hats in TF2)
The Steam DDE is priced at 29.99 USD/ 24.99 EUR/ 19.99 GBP/ 499 RUB.
Discounts and specials:
- Pre-purchasing Rising Storm (Base or DDE) will grant immediate access to the Rising Storm Beta (note that experience earned in the Beta will NOT carry over to the released version).
- There will be a 15% discount off the pricing during the pre-purchase period
- All existing RO2 owners get an additional 25% discount off Rising Storm (Base or DDE; does NOT apply to a later upgrade from Base RS to DDE)
And last, but by no means least, all those early purchasers of RO2 who earned the “In B4 Reset” Achievement will get all the Day 1 unlocks for Rising Storm (4 weapons) PLUS a 2X multiplier on experience points earned during the first 2 weeks after release.
See you on the battlefield!
Just to give everyone a little more Rising Storm to think about, here is the latest map which will feature in the game: PELELIU. Set in September 1944, the US Marines need to force their way through the ruined airfield buildings in blistering heat, to take the iconic Japanese headquarters building (also featured in the HBO series, ‘The Pacific’) and beyond. The terrain is flat, hard sun-baked ground, scattered with ruined wooden buildings, the concrete HQ building itself and small hangars and storage buildings, providing elements of longer-ranged combat, as well as vicious close-quarters fights once the American forces can break into each fortified Japanese location.
Don’t forget: Rising Storm is the next game in the award-winning Red Orchestra franchise. For those who don’t know it, more information available on the Steam Store page – click HERE!
We’ve just let loose with the invitation beta for Rising Storm, the upcoming next game in the Red Orchestra franchise. A bunch of people have already been sent their keys – and there will be a bunch more heading out over the next day or so, through friendly websites. If you want to watch and get ready to grab a key, check these websites:
- PC Gamer
- PC Games N
- Gamereactor (you may have to guess which international site!)
- Igromania or VG247.ru - better watch both
- Mammoth/Ausgamers in Australia
- A few extra will slide out through Wewana Play as well.
Keep an eye out for these – and other locations over the next couple of days. Your chance for an early hands-on with Rising Storm. BANZAI!