Three weeks ago we started a campaign of information dealing with upcoming (often work in progress) changes coming to Red Orchestra 2. We have covered the additions of RO Classic and Multiplayer Campaign, the new map Mamayev, and upcoming refinements to the game. This is all culminating in the reopening of the Red Orchestra 2 Beta for all players to help us test and give feedback on these changes and additions!
Below you will find the initial list of changes going into the beta:
- New to the beta is Mamayev Kurgen which is a map taking place on the famously contested hill overlooking Stalingrad. This work-in-progress map features long range combat not previously seen in other RO2 levels!
- Improved lockdown system. Lockdown now starts if the attacking team has not initiated a capture in 5 minutes or has not captured any objective in 7 minutes. There are new sound and visual indications when Lockdown has been initiated.
- Improved overtime system. Overtime has been added to territory maps. If the attackers are still actively capping an objective the round will no longer end.
- Improved spawn protection. When entering spawn protection there is a more obvious warning as well as a countdown timer similar to leaving the map boundary.
- (Work in progress) Refinements to spawn on squad leader. The UI has been improved to make it more obvious where you’ll be spawning. Additionally if you fail to spawn on your squad leader you will receive an error message, as will your squad leader.
- In realism mode shooting players in the legs/feet will slow them down for a short time
- The effects of bullet whizzes have been significantly magnified
- Refined player damage model. Now in realism mode hitzones can always take damage no matter how much damage they have already taken (before non-lethal hit zones could become invulnerable and no longer take damage). In standard mode bandaging hit zones restores the health of the hitzone, but not the player’s overall health. In this way after bandaging players will take damage on the bandaged hitzone again (before they would never take damage on that hitzone again).
- In realism mode bandaging now takes twice as long
- Improved MG weapon collision detection when deployed on cover. This is most noticeable when deployed in windows.
- The MG34 now has wider limits when deployed similar to the DP28
- The radius that players will get bullet whizzes sounds and suppression has been significantly magnified. Additionally, the volume of bullet hit impacts and bullet whizzes has been greatly increased.
- Split assault role in ‘Assault’ and ‘Elite Assault’ Only the elite assault role gets the MkB/AVT. The first time you play any existing assault xp will be copied/duplicated to elite assault.
- Removed mini objective overview from the hud in realism mode
- In the class select menu enemy weapon unlocks are now added to the bottom of the list instead of the top
- Fixed the player damage hud not displaying damage resulting from bleeding. Also, fixed several hit zones not displaying any damage (lower left leg, left foot, groin)
- Hitzone damage indicators now scale from Yellow (0-33% damaged), Orange (33-66% damaged), Red (Greater than 66% damaged)
- A tooltip has been added to the team select menu to show what players are currently on that team.
- Added North indicator to the minimap/compass.
- Fixed a bug where certain types of hits weren’t counting toward the accuracy stats, giving inaccurate weapon accuracy stats.
- Optimizations to dynamic shadows
- Fixed black skybox on older NVidia cards
- Fixed camera floating above the player when killed from prone
- Changes have been made to TE-CommissarsHouse spawns to help balance the map
- Some veteran level weapon unlocks are unlocking at raw recruit.